Thursday, August 28, 2008

Goin' to Grandma's!


In June Parker and Carter came to stay overnight at Grandma's while Grandpa was at our ward's Father's and Son's outing. We went to Liberty Park and played on the playground equipment and played in the water. We watched two movies, "The Ultimate Gift" and "Lion King". They also helped me trim back the apple tree in the back yard. We set up the mattresses downstairs so that we could all three sleep downstairs, but the boys decided at the last minute that they'd like to sleep in the big guest bed upstairs-so that's what we did. I showed both Parker and Carter how the snails were eating our petunias. We caught a few of them that night. In the morning, Parker and I went out to see if there were any more snails. There were! And they had eaten a few more leaves. Parker went in to wake up Carter to show him. We went in the house to get a bag with salt in it, got the little gardening shovel and went to find the rest of the snails—and we found 6 more. One of the snails I found was so cute and all out. I showed it to Carter and Parker and said, "Oh, isn’t it cute?" Carter said, "It is, but we have to kill it ‘cause it’s eating your petunias!" He said it so sad like. It was cute.

8 comments:

Maria said...

We had a snail problem for a while. Right by our front door. The gardener set our sprinklers to come on too often so the snails were always out! Our landlord used some chemicals and now they are gone. What a mess! We would 'crunch' on them when we walked in at night. YUCK!

Carter & Parker are so funny! I really enjoyed being around them at the Reunion. They are bursting with personality. So smart too. You are VERY fortunate to have all your children so close!

Tricia said...

Thanks for taking them on a special night out - they sure look forward to anything they do with you. I love that they weren't scared to help with the snails - YUCK!

Patty said...

What a great day with Carter and Parker!
I have seen cute snails that are not real but never a real live one.
At times you could pick off about a hundred snails at our church building. To me they are disgusting.
Thanks goodness they don't bite.
The next one I see I will try to see the cuteness. I'm sure that is what our Heavenly Father expected of us.

Janessa Couch said...

I get a good kick out of those boys. They are so much fun!

Amy said...

So fun! Snails are fascinating. My children have been having a blast finding them in our back yard too. I have some snail bait stuff, but I haven't used it yet this year. I guess the fact that I don't have any flowers planted back there, I don't care as much. Why Grandma! What cute grandchildren you have!

chapples8 said...

Sharon, how fun to read your Blog, glad you're doing one. Maybe sometime I'll do one but meantime, I keep encouraging Ashley to do hers.:) I'm always pointing out those "blog worthy" picture moments to her! Thanks for the fun time last week--it's always fun to be with you.

Michelle said...

Yay! You have a blog!
I love your descriptions of your grandkids. They really are funny and so cute.
Keep up the great posts! I love your blog design, too, btw.

llamitanan said...

Hey, Marilyn just told me about your blog so I found it. Way to go! You're inspiring me to post more to our blog. Great idea to have your grandsons for an overnighter. What a wonderful grandma you are!