Thursday, August 28, 2008

Goin' to Grandma's


When I got down to Jeff and Emily's to pick up Ashlyn and Alyssa, Alyssa came running up to the van and said, "Grandma, I didn't think you were ever going to come!" I just really enjoyed having the girls up here. We had fun shopping at Jo-ann's even though Alyssa says she doesn't like to shop. I think she changed her mind 'cause she was quite the shopper in Joann's and "Dollar Tree".

We went to the Jordan River Parkway and the girls played on the playground equipment and then went for a short walk. We watched movies downstairs and for dinner I fixed spiderweb potatoes that the girls loved!

The next day we went uptown to Temple Square and went to see Aunt Melissa first thing--which we enjoyed. Melissa took this picture of us and we took pictures of A. Melissa with the girls. We then went to the Church Museum in the "I Am A Child of God" area and the girls loved the nursery area where you could weigh the dolls, and dress the dolls. They had little rocking chairs you could sit in. We spent at least a half-hour just in that section. It was fun watching them mothering those dolls. They’re going to be good mothers!

6 comments:

Patty said...

It is fun to see that you have a blog. What a wonderful day you were able to spend with two of your granddaughters. I'm sure they will remember it for years.

Janessa Couch said...

Spiderweb Potatoes? I need to steal that recipe. When I first saw the picture of Melissa and your granddaughters I could tell right away that the oldest one was Jeff's. Wow, what a resemblance. It is so fun to have Grandmas nearby. We will always cherish our memories of when we lived near both sets of the girls grandparents. It is something that we took for grantid and did not realize it until it was gone.

Amy said...

heehee! I found you! Great blog! Looking forward to checking it out often.

Devin and Melinda said...

Wow! I haven't seen Jeff and Emily's family in a really long time!! It's great you are able to live so close to your family and spend time with them!

llamitanan said...

What a fun idea to have an afternoon out with your granddaughters! You are building memories with them that they will never forget! Good job!

Carrrie said...

I too am curious about the Spiderweb Potatoes! I may need to steal the recipe for a fun dinner on Halloween this year. :) Cute blogs..I love seeing you with all your grandkids. :)