Sunday, September 21, 2008

Johnathan's Baptism!


I didn't bring my camera to Johnathan's baptism. I know, it's terrible! Check out Byron and Tricia's blog for pictures and details. (The picture is of Johnathan before a soccer game in October of 2007.) The spirit was strong at Johnathan's baptism. All of his brothers and sister were all dressed up and looked so sharp. It was great that Byron was able to baptize and confirm his son. I remember the day I was baptized. I can't remember who of my family was there, but I remember when my foot touched the water in the baptismal font a thrill went throughbout my body. After I was baptized I sort of started sputtering or something and I remember my dad telling me I'd be okay and comforted me. I was baptized May 5, 1956, 52 years ago! Crazy, how the time goes by so quickly!

4 comments:

Maria said...

You can actually right click on the pictures on their blog and save them to your computer. :) Then you can be forgiven for forgetting your camera! Just kidding. ;)

I love hearing memories you guys have about your Dad. He was such a neat person. Thank heaven for eternal families!

Michelle said...

Neat post, Aunt Sharon. I loved hearing your memories of your baptism. Amen to Maria's comment: Thank heaven for eternal families!

Becky said...

Thanks for sharing your memories about your baptism. It's amazing that you remember them. (Not because you're so young, obviously, but because those memories are so special.)

Love you, Aunt Sharon!

Anonymous said...

Good job on finally getting a good start to all your summer happenings. I'm glad you are blogging now too so that we can see pictures of all the trips you and John take.