Monday, September 22, 2008

Our trip to Idaho.

I just had to have a picture by this beautiful water fountain in front of the Twin Falls Temple. John and I celebrated our anniversary a month late 'cause he was gone on August 19th. We drove up to Twin Falls, Idaho on Thursday, September 11th and went on the 5:30 p.m. session in the new, beautiful Twin Falls Temple. You can just feel the excitement of the people up there to have a temple in their midst--and they should be!

You can barely see John here in front of the Twin Falls Temple. We took pictures before going in to do a session. This temple is in a perfect location and just looks majestic.





We went to Jerome to see Lon at his office, "Jerome Physical Therapy". It's a nice facility and it sounds like he is doing well. We appreciate him taking the time to show us around even though we knew he was in a hurry. Don't you love his "Scrabble" tie--not to mention the scary kind of friends he hangs out with!:)













We went to see Melanie and Lon (of course!) and their wonderful family. They always make you feel so welcome. Lon and Josh had a camp out and game to go to and they went later than they had planned, so they could see us and spend more time with us--how nice of them!





When I said I wanted to take a family picture of their family, I couldn't believe how fast they got outside to take it. They even picked up Brianna who was sound asleep in her crib! What a sharp family! They are doing the things that they should be doing and have their priorities in the right order. The children followed us wherever we went and were into the conversations and really made us feel at home. We picked huge, delicious raspberries right off the vine and sweet, yummy peaches off their overflowing trees. They also sent us home with tomatoes and cukes. Not to mention the chocolate chip cookies. Joshua even played the "Star Wars Theme" for us on the piano. You can tell he practices a lot! He says he plays the piano for priesthood. Keep it up, Josh! You guys are awesome!













John and I went out to Sizzler's for our 38th anniversary. We thoroughly enjoyed the meal and being together. We stayed at the Super 8 motel in a suite. Nice! It seemed good to get a way to the Twin Falls Temple and see the sites around Twin Falls.

This man from Australia is getting his parachute ready so he can jump off the Perinne Bridge a second time. We saw him jump off, but my camera was low on battery and I missed the whole thing! :(

6 comments:

chapples8 said...

Great report of your anniversary trip Sharon and I loved the pictures. That one of Lon is cool, he does have "interesting" friends.:) I agree with everything you said about the TF Temple, Egberts, etc. BTW, we have great videos of some guys jumping off the Perinne Bridge.

Stephanie Johnson said...

I love that you have a blog, Aunt Sharon! It sure helps to know about the fun things you're doing. I thought Lon might have some scary friends but now I have proof. Yikes! LOL!

Happy anniversary. Jared and I were reminiscing yesterday that this week we will have known each other for 9 years. Wow, 38, how would that be? You and Uncle John are both great!

Melanie said...

I really enjoyed reading about your trip to the Twin Falls area. I especially loved that you took the time to come and visit our family. We love you and your family and appreciate the visits! The picture of Lon with Mr. Bones (as our children call him) makes me chuckle. His office staff dresses Mr. Bones up for the holidays, so we have some funny pictures of that. We love you & your family.

Ashley said...

What a fun trip! I love the pictures, the one of Lon makes me laugh, classic! Those bridge jumpers are so fun to watch huh! Glad you had a fun time celebrating your anniversary.

Michelle said...

Beautiful pictures! I'm so glad you got to go see the new temple and the Egberts.
Happy anniversary! :)

Carrrie said...

Aunt Shaorn, I love the new background on your blog! What a fun time you have had lately! I love all the great pictures you took at the new Twin Falls Temple. That's so nice that you got to spend a nice relaxing time with eachother! Love you both!